Investigating the impact of collaboration between Uday Shankar and Anna Pavlova on dance
heritage. Memories, oral histories, cultural expressions, artistic creations born out of the iconic
collaboration and cultural exchange between dance pioneer Uday Shankar and Prima Ballerina Anna
Pavlova will be researched for documentation.
This project is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Purpose: Oversees project. Works with team members to meet goals by an assigned deadline. Keeps
up to date on all aspects of a project, assigns duties, and assists others so even complicated tasks
come to completion in an orderly and timely manner. Uses expertise to solve unexpected problems.
Communicates with project director
Stays efficiently hands on with the day to day running of the project to make sure that all
members of the project team adhere to set schedules and activities. Keep up with any
changes in the overall project plan
Co-ordinates the exhibitions, showcases and dissemination sessions by providing back office
Co-ordinates the volunteer selection process and ensure job and volunteer profiles to the
standards required for HLF
Liaises with all team members on how best to accomplish their goals
Looks for ways to cut back on project expenses and increase the potential for output
Supports project director in executing publicity and marketing campaigns of the project
Provides administrative support to project director in all aspects of the project.
Keeps upper management in the loop by preparing project updates and reports.
• Project co-ordination.
• Support for budget management.
27 Old Gloucester Road, London, WC1N 3AX
Company registration. 10789603
Publicity and marketing
• Responsibility for smooth and efficient running of all administrative and co-ordination aspects of
Regular contact and working closely with Project Director
• Regular contact with specialists, experts, choreographers and designated staff leads.
• Liaison with the Communications & Marketing Team to receive and provide information.
(competencies, qualifications & experience)
• Project co-ordination in the performing arts sector
• Experience of working closely with creative artists, choreographers, staff and volunteers.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Experience of financial management and budget preparation of comparable scale.
A creative sense of publicity/marketing and social media.
• Demonstrable evidence of effective decision-making and problem-solving.
• Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel.
• Good standard of education and a good command of written English skills.
• Empathy with the aims and objectives of the Uday Shankar project desirable
Reports to: Project Director
Hours: 2 days a week over 14 weeks (days and hours negotiable)
For November start, start date to be advised
To apply please submit your CV with a covering letter which sets out your relevant skills and
experience and why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of application: 4 October 6pm
Interview date: Week commencing 8th October (Time and Venue in London, to be advised)