Investigating the impact of collaboration between Uday Shankar and Anna Pavlova on dance
heritage. Memories, oral histories, cultural expressions, artistic creations born out of the iconic
collaboration and cultural exchange between dance pioneer Uday Shankar and Prima Ballerina Anna
Pavlova will be researched for documentation.
This project is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Purpose: To direct and manage project including coordination of all activities and interaction with all
participants internal and external and HLF.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Manage the project end to end including preparation of a detailed project programme plan
Manage and coordinate experts and specialists in partnership and consultation with the mentors
and advisor panel
Manage and coordinate the Produce and disseminate project reports for funders, stakeholders
and the advisor panel.
Coordinate the production of the recreated choreographies, oral histories and documentary film
Lead the volunteer selection process and ensure job and volunteer profiles to the standards
required for HLF
Coordinate and prepare agendas and papers from project meetings including advisory panel and
Establish effective organisation and communication structures for the delivery of the project
Manage the Risk Register and ensure all contractors, staff and volunteers engage and comply
with the register
Lead on communications with HLF including monitoring meetings, monthly reports and grants
• Project management.
• Budget management.
• Responsibility for the project management
27 Old Gloucester Road, London, WC1N 3AX
• Regular contact with specialists, experts, choreographers and designated staff leads.
• Regular contact with advisor panel and Leadership Team.
• Regular contact with HLF, including Project Monitor and Case Officer.
• Liaison with the Communications & Marketing Team to receive and provide information.
(competencies, qualifications & experience)
• Project management in the performing arts sector
• Experience of managing creative artists, choreographer, staff and volunteers.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Experience of financial management and budget preparation of comparable scale.
• Demonstrable evidence of effective decision-making and problem-solving.
• Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel.
• Good standard of education ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
Top class content writing skill in relation to arts and heritage projects.
• Knowledge and in depth understanding of the aims and objectives of heritage work with
particular relevance to the heritage of Uday Shankar and Anna Pavlova.
Understanding of how heritage work can be made relevant to younger generation in across
schools, colleges and universities.
Knowledge of archival research and documentation
Creative ideas of short documentary film making and managing all elements necessary for
the finished product.
• High level fundraising and fund management.
• Proficient with social media marketing ideas and implementation.
Working to strict deadlines and expansive multi-tasking skill is a must
Reports to: Project Steering Group
Direct reports: Specialists in the art and heritage sector, dance and academic experts,
Choreographers, film maker
Hours: 3 days a week for 26 weeks (1 day of voluntary work is required with 2 days paid)
For immediate start, start date to be confirmed
To apply please submit your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of application: 1 June 6pm
Interview date: 5 June 5pm (Venue in London, to be confirmed)